- 1 Cooking “Magic” in a Dutch Oven
- 1.1 Lodge EC6D43 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven, 6-Quart, Island Spice Red
- 1.2 Click here to buy this Dutch Oven in Spice Red on Amazon:
- 1.3 * * * *
- 1.4 Tramontina Enameled Cast Iron 6.5 Qt Covered Round Dutch Oven
- 1.5 Cooks Standard 02490 Hard Anodize Nonstick Dutch Oven Casserole Stockpot with Lid, 7 quart, Black
- 2 This Dutch Oven has a hard anodized surface is durable and harder than stainless steel.
- 2.1 Click here to buy this product on Amazon:
- 2.2 * * * *
- 2.3 Spiceberry Home Cast-Iron Enamel Dutch Oven, 5-1/2 Quart, Eggplant Purple
- 2.4 Here’s a review from a very satisfied customer from Amazon:
- 2.5 Buy this beautiful Dutch Oven on Amazon:
- 2.6 * * * *
- 2.7 Cook’s Tools Cast Iron Porcelain Dutch Oven (7Q)
- 3 Click here to buy this Dutch Oven on Amazon:
- 3.1 Spiceberry Home Cast-Iron Enamel Brasier Covered Casserole, 4-1/2 Quart, Purple
- 3.2 Neet Organic Wooden Bamboo Cooking & Serving Utensils, kitchen utensils, 6 Piece Set BMB-U6
- 3.3 Click here to buy these wooden utensils on Amazon:
- 3.4 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven – Red Color with Lid, 3.2-quart – by Utopia Kitchen
Cooking “Magic” in a Dutch Oven
Here is a review from a customer on Amazon:
“I purchased this from Amazon around mid-December and have been using it probably 3-4 times/week since then. It is as well constructed as my mother’s Le Creuset french ovens, but at a much more reasonable price. I find Lodge products to be a good value, although this piece represents a departure for them as it is not made in the USA, but rather China. Nonetheless, it is very well constructed, with details like the black porcelain enameled rim of the pot and the lid setting it apart from some of the other inexpensive alternatives. I have used mine for mussels in white wine, no-knead bread (more on this below), stew, and various other dishes, and it has held up very well thus far. In another 20 or 30 years I should have a better idea of whether it will hold up as well as my mother’s LC pots, but the materials appear to be suitable for the long haul. At one-sixth the price of Le Creuset, I’m willing to take that bet.”
* * * *
From Kitchen to Table: Rich enameled finish offers elegant kitchen to table serving. Pre-chilling cookware in the refrigerator keeps foods such as fruit and pasta salads cool during serving.
- Versatile: Perfect for baking, or traditional slow simmering favorite recipes to perfection.
- Superior Heat Retention and Distribution: Distributes heat slowly and evenly to tenderize meats, poultry and vegetables
- Stainless Steel Knob: Solid cast construction is extremely durable and oven-safe.
- Oven-Safe and Compatibility: Compatible with gas, electric, ceramic glass and induction cooktops. Oven Safe up to 450 F / 232 C.
* * * *
This Dutch Oven has a hard anodized surface is durable and harder than stainless steel.
- Nonstick delivers exceptional performance and makes cleaning easy
- Heavy gauge aluminum core provides even heat distribution without any “hot spots”
- Dishwasher safe, Hand wash recommended, just wipe with a towel, no detergent or chemicals needed
- Works on Gas, electric coil, hot plate and other type, Not for Induction stove, Oven safe to 500F, With glass lid oven max up to 350F
* * * *
Enjoy the excellent cooking characteristics of enameled cast cookware
- Weighs about About 13 pounds – Much heavier than other brands for more even cooking and better results
- Cast Iron Knob
- Attractive color that fades from light to dark. Enamel finish resists sticking
- Extra Large Handles for a sure grip, even with oven mitts
Here’s a review from a very satisfied customer from Amazon:
“This is the best kitchen/cooking purchase I’ve ever made. I was very skeptical about it, figuring you usually get what you pay for, but took a chance. It is far, far better than what I paid for it. I’ve cooked with Le Creuset for years and think they make great products. I bought this Spiceberry because I needed something for cabin cooking that would hold up to long stewing and oven roasting… multipurpose because space is at a premium. After two weekends and a week at the cabin, I took the Spiceberry 5-1/2 quart pot home for daily use and the Le Creuset is now at the cabin for occasional use. The spiceberry pot is just better. It’s noticably heavier and the walls and base are thicker which means more even cooking, less chance of scorching, and it keeps a meal warmer longer when you bring it to the table. It’s amazing. I’ve bought hundreds of products on, but have never written a review on, Amazon before, but I think spiceberry deserves it. The word needs to get out that there is a viable…. no, better… alternative to LeCreuset and it’s an American company who took the classic french oven and somehow made it even better. I’ve bought two for wedding gifts and the recipients are just as happy with them as I am. I’ll stop there. Thanks for reading.”
* * * *
Construction: Single layer Surface: Scratch-resistant
- Materials: Cast iron Lid material: Cast iron
- Care instructions: Dishwasher-safe, hand-wash recommended
- Finish: Satin Dimensions: 11 inches wide x 15 inches long x 8 inches high
- Oven safe to: 500-degrees Set includes: 7-quart, 5.5-quart or 3.5-quart black dutch oven.
* * * *
* * * *
Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven – Red Color with Lid, 3.2-quart – by Utopia Kitchen
This enameled cast iron Dutch oven has outer diameter of 23 cm; height 10 cm and thickness of 0.60 cm is meticulously designed to serve you for years and decades to come by resisting to temperatures up to 500 degrees F
- Enameled cast iron Dutch oven is ideal for braising and other methods that require long cooking over low heat or it can be used easily on the stove and as a serving dish on the table
- Iron deficiency is fairly common worldwide especially among women so cooking food in a enameled cast iron dutch oven can increase iron content by as much as 20%
- Cast iron Dutch oven may seem like an old fashioned choice in the kitchen but this dependable cookware is a must in the modern kitchen because it doesn’t leach chemicals
- Allow enameled cast iron pans to cool completely before washing them in hot soapy water with a sponge using regular dishwashing liquid soap